Here is the famous encounter between @Gusface_Redux
and The Australian’s Dennis Shanahan
On Tony Delroy’s Nightlife on the subject of Newspoll and Shanahan’s Reaction to Gus’ suggestion on having an Independent Body to Audit Opinion Polls
It Seems The Liberal Party are doing their Very Best to get this video pulled from Social Media – but fear not A Frank View are happy to host it here.
Oh and if the Liberal Party want to pull it down well guess what the video doesn’t infringe this section of the Copyright Act 1968.
(Note this is a direct download to the mp4 file which opens in Quicktime)
Plus another person has uploaded it to Youtube and The Libs haven’t found it – YET !!!!!!
COPYRIGHT ACT 1968 – SECT 41A
Fair dealing for purpose of parody or satire
A fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or with an adaptation of a literary, dramatic or musical work, does not constitute an infringement of the copyright in the work if it is for the purpose of parody or satire.
Craig Thomson speaks exclusively to @GenGusface about his achievements in the seat of Dobell (NSW) and on whether he’ll run again in the next Federal Election.
The 20 minute podcast touches on many subjects, including the Opposition’s “tainted vote” attack on Thomson, and why this was an attempt to effectively remove the democratic process of allowing him to vote in Parliament on behalf of Dobell.
Other topics raised include the trial by media which endured throughout 2012, and its effect on Thomson personally, and what the motivation within some elements of MSM (mainstream media) were to push the story. Ultimately did the MSM cross moralistic, journalistic, and decency lines?
Thomson’s time at the HSU is touched upon and how it’s been portraid in the media, especially on how anyone working at the HSU was grouped together without looking at the issues being played out by different factions. He is asked whether he would have done things differently if he had his time over again at the HSU.
Finally Thomson discusses the possibility of legal redress and gives a positive message to Australian (and Dobell) voters.
*This sound recording is copyright Craig Thomson – please do not download*
These were the Questions asked:
1. List your top 3 achievements for Dobel and the central coast?
2. Are you planning to run in the 2013 federal election?
3. Speaking of running,are you going to get tony abbott and chris pyne to bolt like rabbits again in parliament, and were you surprised they ran like scaredy cats?
4. Did you preplan to cross the floor on that day?
5. Speaking of preplanned- how do you feel about the media witchtrial you have endured for years?
6. What has been the worst aspect of the continued lies and smears by the media? any one particular incident you feel displays where they have crossed the line?
7. In your words how would you describe your time as Secretary of the HSU, and how has this been misrepresented by the media?
8. What legal redress will you seek for the smears and slander propogated by the media, over your role in the HSU?
9. What would like to say to the people of Australia?
Today there was a raid on the Independent Member for Dobell Craig Thomson of his house and Electorate Office in relation to the ongoing investigation into the HSU. Interestingly there was a large media pack who were there to record the police conducting the raid – which is interesting as the Police are very secretive in the timing of these raids so as not to tip off the persons of interest and thus allow them to destroy vital evidence etc.
Gusface was so upset by how the media were made aware and whether they were tipped off by persons either in the NSW Police or by the NSW Attorney-General that he Confronted the media and said the following:
Who forewarned them- why they were here and kept asking who told em? One member from the ABC squeaked he was rung at 8am. In addition, another member of the media pack started to try and derail him also asked em why they were ruining journalism- cowardly pack of bullies.
A couple of the Journalists present were taken aback by the spectacle and were seen frantically making some phone calls to their offices, while another person attempted to follow him – More information can be found on his Twitter Timeline:
Watch this space – there is a lot MOAR to come:
Meanwhile Peter Wicks at Wixxyleaks has also been covering this sorry saga.
Here is the Sunrise story where they crossed live to Thomsoms’ home and showed footage of the police raiding the home – Considering that it takes a long time to set up a live cross and Seven were there BEFORE the police arrived it begs the question – Were Seven tipped off about the raid ?
I bet you were all wondering how Robert Ovadia just happened to be outside Thommo’s house and managed to get footage of the police raiding the home – especially as a)N The operation was “secret”, and more importantly b: Bateau Bay is not an area which can provide proper broadcast quality pictures.
As you may or may not be aware the media, in particular ABC News 24 nearly always manage to have “Technical Difficulties” when covering live crosses involving the PM and other Govt Ministers, while those involving the Opposition are almost always of perfect broadcast Quality. THis is because TV Stations utulise mobile vans with a small microwave link to send the signal back to the station, or at worst use 4G Wireless Broadband.
Now, these links take some time to set up as it involves raising the boom and sending test tones and colour bars while the engineers at the studio check to see if the picture and sound are usable, as this video from the US illustrates.
I have since been told that a local freelance contractor who provides outside broadcast facilites was booked 4 days ago to attend Thommo’s address, which one can only assume that Ch 7 were briefed by persons unknown about the impending raid.
This is a most unsettling situation and a possible abuse of legal process.
There is MOAR to come !!!!!!!!!!
Update – 5.46pm WST 25.10.12:
Remember how there was a 2GB Microphone conveniently at the scene of the Police Raid ? We now have confirmation that it belonged to 2GB’s resident Police Reporter who was there to hold it for former Taxi Driver and alleged Child Basher Mr.Ray Hadley..
Watch this space for MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gusface has been busy tackling the Anti Govt Media to dispel the Myths regarding various Govt Issues.
He has battled the Gatekeepers of #OhMike and Nightlife with Tony Delroy to spread the word – often with derision and attack from those who wish to spread the Liberal Line.
This post will be devoted to such calls.
Here he is speaking to John Cleary on ABC Local Radio on Sunday May 7th:
Here he is on #ohmike:
10th July 2011
And an earlier appearance on Tony Delroy’s Nightlife.
And here is Gus’ latest appearance on Delroy from earlier this morning, where he attempts to dispel the media lies regarding Foriegn Aid and Changes to the Parenting Allowance.
Also here is the famous call where Gus manages to upset Dennis Shanahan of The Australian about how Newspoll is compiled:
Another Appearance on Delroy by Gus – this time putting Delroy on the Spot re the Cow statement by Graeme Morris
Rudd has spent the entire time since he was told to fuck off by caucus trying to slime his way back.
My personal view only – definately not endorsed – well maybe by some.
Fuck off Kevin Rudd.
An oldie, but a Goodie from The Chaser
The Following was posted by Jenauthor over on Pollbludger:
An open letter to the Australian Political Press Gallery:
Credibility and respect comes from doing a good job right, and with integrity. You are the conduit between our members of parliament and the people who ELECTED them.
As a conduit it is encumbent upon you to report with impartiality and not be seduced to favour the interests of sections of the community that have the resources to drive the narrative for their own benefit. That is the job of advertisers, not journalists or editors.
This farcical encouragement of politicians’ game-playing, the reporting of their untruths without prior research, and the general dumbing down of the electorates’ information is a serious breach of the role you are supposed to fulfill.
Alternately, the deliberate ignoring of, or twisting of, any favourable news shows willful negligence and deliberate partisanship.
You answer my contentions with ‘you get what you ask for’ but I beg to differ. You have the power to influence large numbers of the public. A person buying the newspaper for its sport coverage is NOT automatically endorsing of that paper’s current affairs coverage. Indeed, by collating a newspaper into a single whole, a news organisation prevents its audience from such discernment.
Many Australians are fleeing to online media and ‘new’ media out of dissatisfaction. If you want to have ANY hope of keeping you jobs in the long term, it might be time to be a bit more honest with yourselves and the public who SHOULD have the confidence to rely on your coverage.
Twelve years of a Howard govt. which slowly but surely pushed every aspect of this country toward the ‘right’ has developed an acceptance of right-wing thinking as being the norm. This is now perceived as ‘middle ground’. If you cannot step back and see how partial you have become, then the occupation of journalist in this country is lost. Even the former bastion of impartiality, the ABC has succumbed to unresearched tabloidism.
If this self assessment and correction cannot be done, then we as a nation seriously need to think about renaming our publication/programs and barring them from using the term “News” at all. As it stands, today’s publications and broadcasts really need to be labelled “opinion”.
Well Well Well – Crikey is Croaked AGAIN !!!!!!!!
But never fear A Frankview is here for Intelligent Political Blogging.
But Hey Karma is a Bitch for the Manchild who is furiously praying for Relevance as he presides over a dodgy website with the reputation equal with his idols in the Liberal Party.
The #MSM and its hacks wont tell you this. They prefer to tell you the dooms & glooms championed by the Opposition.
Also it’s good to see that the Gillard Govt has finally started to sell its economic credential. Every galah and parrot in the pet shop should be yakking away about our BISONs – Beautiful Inspiring Set Of Numbers
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said Australia is probably the best positioned of the developed countries to handle a further deterioration in the global economy. IMF Asia and Pacific region director Anoop Singh told a media briefing in Washington that the institution supports the Australian government’s plan to return the federal budget to surplus in 2012/13.
Manufacturing activity remained in positive territory in January 2012, according to the latest Australian Industry Group. Australian Performance of Manufacturing Index (PMI) is 51.6, readings above 50 indicate an expansion in activity
RBA is expected cut interest by further 25 points to 4%. A 4.0% interest rate would be a level of official rates never once reached under the combined 19 years of the Howard and Fraser governments, despite claims from the Leader of the Opposition, Mr Abbott and Shadow Treasurer, Mr Hockey, that interest rates will always be lower under a Coalition government. Courtesy of The Kouk
Despite GFC Mk1, EuroCrisis/GFC Mk2, unemployment averaged only 5.1% in all of 2011 n) Vs 9.6% in 83/84, 11% in 92/93 Courtesy of Poss.
101 Economic Fundamental
1. Unemployment 5.3%
2. Inflation 3.1%
3. GDP Growth 3.5%
4. RBA Interest Rate – 4.25%
5. Govt Net Debt – 6% GDP
6. Total Public Debt – 20% GDP (IMF) Vs UK/France/Germany 80%, USA 110%, Italy 120%, Japan 200% BRIC (66/11/71/33)
7. Trade Surplus $22.4 billion last financial year – easily the biggest surplus in raw terms for the past 40 years of records compiled by the ABS
8. Sovereign Rating – Australia one of just 15 countries to hold the top AAA Rating from all Agencies
9. Currency – AUD/USD 1.05, AUD/UK 0.67 AUD/Euro 0.80 – The floating of AUD is the single most important economic reform introduced by Labor. It acts as a shock absorber to external economic conditions
10. Australia is in Asia, the growth engine averaging 6% and part of the Asian Century
11. NBN – One of the most advanced high speed Internet enabled network in the world. Australia’s first national wide, open access FTTP broadband network with minimum 93% coverage, capable of achieving 1 gigabit per second broadband speeds.
102. Political Fundamental
1. “ALP best manager of money, history shows” - George Megalogenis
2. Labor is still the Australian Govt & PM Gillard for another 20months, 84 weeks, 588 days, 14112 hours, 846,720 minutes and 50,803,200 secs and the Gillard Govt has passed 253 bills through HoR so far. And the Labor Govt Parliamentary majority goes from 75-74 to 76-73.
3. No interest rise for the 12th consecutive month Vs 10 consecutive rises under Howard/Costello. It is now expected no rises in the future with a prospect of 100/125 basis points cut by June 2012.
4. “The Atlantic magazine named Gillard as one of its “2011 brave thinkers” for her resolute strength in pushing through a carbon tax. “Whether you see the move as politically expedient or as a principled course correction, there’s no denying the risk that it entails in a country where climate change is a wildly contentious issue,” writes Geoffrey Gagnon”
5. Labor’s Tax take 21.75% of GDP Vs 25% under Liberals
6. NEW Treasury analysis finds Mining played minor role during GFC, it says service industries such as retail – which received a hefty boost from Kevin Rudd’s stimulus package – were crucial in sustaining the economy during its darkest days.
7. Wayne Swan – Treasurer of the Year 2011
8. PM Gillard solved #QANTAS dispute in 36 hrs, Hawke solved the Pilot Dispute in 1 month and Howard solved the Waterfront Dispute in 6 months.
9. How good are nations at keeping the promises made at G20 summits? - Australia NO: 1 -
10. RBA Interest rate 4.50%, compared to 6.75% when Howard was voted out.
103. Social Fundamental
1. Australian families depending on one breadwinner pay among the lowest amounts of tax in the world and have become better off under the Gillard Government – Natsem
2. The Herald/Lateral Economics Index of Australia’s Wellbeing rose 2.2 per cent in the quarter, outstripping GDP growth of 1 per cent. Read more:
3. The number of people filling for bankruptcy in Australia has fallen by 16%.
4. Recently released IMF estimates show that Australians are the fifth richest people in the world, behind only those living in Luxembourg, Qatar, Norway and Switzerland
5. AUSTRALIA is second best – almost but not quite the greatest place in which to live, according to the latest United Nations human development index. Norway pips us by a flared nostril. Australia scores 0.93 on a scale of 0 to 1, where 1 is the highest score possible. At 0.94, Norway’s margin over Australia is close to invisible
6. Ave weekly earning +4.7% in yr to Aug. 10 years of real wage gains.
7. Aust & Holland have the best pension systems in the world followed by Sweden, Swiss, Canada, Uk READ MORE
104. The Future
1. Investment in the next year in mining and related infra-structure projects $140B
2. Business investment spending is expected to grow by 15 per cent this year and another 15 per cent next year. – Ross Gittin
3. Australia in good shape if another crisis hits, says IMF – 8/8/11
4. BHP Billiton $80B Olympic Dam copper/uranium/gold mine in South Australia creating 6000 jobs during a decade-long construction phase, 4000 ongoing jobs at the mine and 15,000 indirect jobs.This is despite the Resource Tax
5. The strength of the nation’s markets during the Global Financial Crisis was highlighted by the World Economic Forum, which in 2009 ranked Australia as the world’s second-best financial centre after the UK. Australia was the only country in the top 20 to improve its ranking.With around A$1.7 trillion in assets under management, Australia is the largest funds management market in Asia, and the fourth-largest in the world. Australia has one of the highest levels of managed funds per capita in the world, with total investment fund assets in Australia projected to reach A$7 trillion by 2028.
6. For dealmakers Down Under, 2011 will go down as a vintage year for inbound M&A activity, according to the latest data from Dealogic.So far this year, Australia has attracted a record US$59.9 billion of total inbound deals, already surpassing US$55 billion achieved in the whole of 2010, according to the data provider. READ MORE
7. The figures show September quarter spending on exploration for coal up 12 per cent to a new record high of $227 million, spending on iron ore exploration up 9 per cent to a new record high of $235 million, and spending on onshore petroleum exploration up 33 per cent to a new record high of $249 million.
8. The ABS figures follow Tuesday’s Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics forecast of record energy and minerals export earnings of $206 billion in 2012. If realised, they will boost government revenue, making its forecast surplus easier to attain. The bureau says capital expenditure by resource companies stands at a record high of $232 billion.
9. Bloomberg has done a survey and found that Australia is the 5th best and easiest place in the world to do business after HK, Netherlands, USA and UK. Read More
While certain perople in the Party are trying to knfe him – all based from the latest Newspoll Bootstrap – WA Labor Leader Eric Ripper wrote the following Note on his Facebook page:
Take a look at this graph:
What it shows is a huge change in the number of businesses becoming insolvent (or, in other words, going bankrupt) in Western Australia between the time when the previous Labor Government was in power and the last 3 years of the Barnett Government.
Under Labor, the number of business insolvencies gradually fell but soon after the Barnett Government took power, insolvencies rose steeply and are continuing to go up. Some of this initial increase could be related to the 2008 global financial crisis, but 3 years later, and with WA’s economy booming again, insolvencies are still going up.
What does this prove?
First, that it’s tough in the two-speed WA economy for business and especially small business. Secondly that while the resources industry is experiencing a huge boom, other industries are finding their backs against the wall.
The Barnett Government have made no real effort to arrest this trend. It has opposed legislation to protect franchisees, opposed Labor’s proposed legislation for more local jobs from the big resources projects and failed hopelessly to ensure new trainees are entering the workforce.
The Liberals like to tell us they are the friends of small business, this graph shows they are closer to their worst nightmare.
The Barnett Government must act to support small business and prevent WA’s economy from becoming even more divided between the winners in the resources sector and everyone else.