Craig Thomson speaks exclusively to @GenGusface about his achievements in the seat of Dobell (NSW) and on whether he’ll run again in the next Federal Election.
The 20 minute podcast touches on many subjects, including the Opposition’s “tainted vote” attack on Thomson, and why this was an attempt to effectively remove the democratic process of allowing him to vote in Parliament on behalf of Dobell.
Other topics raised include the trial by media which endured throughout 2012, and its effect on Thomson personally, and what the motivation within some elements of MSM (mainstream media) were to push the story. Ultimately did the MSM cross moralistic, journalistic, and decency lines?
Thomson’s time at the HSU is touched upon and how it’s been portraid in the media, especially on how anyone working at the HSU was grouped together without looking at the issues being played out by different factions. He is asked whether he would have done things differently if he had his time over again at the HSU.
Finally Thomson discusses the possibility of legal redress and gives a positive message to Australian (and Dobell) voters.
*This sound recording is copyright Craig Thomson – please do not download*
These were the Questions asked:
1. List your top 3 achievements for Dobel and the central coast?
2. Are you planning to run in the 2013 federal election?
3. Speaking of running,are you going to get tony abbott and chris pyne to bolt like rabbits again in parliament, and were you surprised they ran like scaredy cats?
4. Did you preplan to cross the floor on that day?
5. Speaking of preplanned- how do you feel about the media witchtrial you have endured for years?
6. What has been the worst aspect of the continued lies and smears by the media? any one particular incident you feel displays where they have crossed the line?
7. In your words how would you describe your time as Secretary of the HSU, and how has this been misrepresented by the media?
8. What legal redress will you seek for the smears and slander propogated by the media, over your role in the HSU?
9. What would like to say to the people of Australia?